[NTLK] [Admin] How’s everyone doing?

Pawel Piotrowski newton at indigi.co.uk
Fri Sep 25 01:24:18 EDT 2020

> On 21 Sep 2020, at 21:15, Grant Hutchinson <grant at splorp.com> wrote:
>
> Hello list!
>
> It’s been awful quiet around here, so I thought I’d check in and see how everyone is doing now that autumn is just around the corner.
>
> All’s well here in Calgary.
>
> (Given the global circumstances, of course.)

Hi Grant! Hi All Newtonians!

Grant, thanks for checking! In Scotland all is relatively OK. I’m trying work remotely with my students, which is in general bad joke. This virus situation shows how much modern society cannot organise due to the lack of many life skills and qualities (making good decisions, discipline, forward thinking, keeping promises, truthfulness, loyalty, etc.). On top of that, what the government represents is one big bad joke. People in power are clowns without any responsibility. We live in times of lack of authority. This - and the whole virus situation - is making people tired and frustrated with the crap western governments have served us…

But I’m trying to do not be involved in that crap too much. It is hard, because in general I’m a social activist by nature (in a good way) and it is hard to see how people are treat by people in power.

Sylvain, you read my thoughts :) I have a plan to organise next GNUM. This time maybe longer than 2-3 hours. I will write a separate post to ask what do you all think about it.

I’m playing with very interesting device which is ‘WiFi modem’. A device allows to connect non-networked computer to WiFi via RS232 serial port. I’m trying to force Newton to communicate via this device. If that will work, we could have very cheap alternative for all PCMCIA WiFi cards. It also mean that connecting with internet, syncing with NCX would be possible without additional drivers on Newton (except NIE, of course).

Best,
Pawel Piotrowski

Worldwide Apple Newton Users Map: http://user-map.applenewton.co.uk <http://user-map.applenewton.co.uk/>

NPDS Server: http://newton1.applenewton.co.uk:8079 (powered by Newton 2100)