[NTLK] Transferring notes from MP2x00 and MacOS Mojave

Nic Malone nicmalone at mac.com
Sun May 17 18:31:47 EDT 2020

Hello Newtoneers

Long time no lurk. I hope you are all keeping well under the
circumstances. I dusted off my Newts after 6 or 7 years in a cupboard.
Back then, I had them connected to a past Mac mini back then (using
NCX on OSX Lion via a Keyspan 28X USB adapter). Now I would like to
transfer notes I write on my MP2100 to my Mac mini (MacOS Mojave) but
I can't get the Keyspan 28X USB adapter drivers to show up on the Mac
(either as options in NCX or in the Keyspan Adapter Assistant). The
Keyspan adapter drivers installation reports "success" on my Mojave
Mac but the ports don't show up as options in NCX or the Keyspan
Adapter Assistant.

I had assumed this was because the Keyspan adapters are for OSX 10.6
but a search of the NewtonTalk archives suggested some of you are
using Mojave with a Newton. How are you doing it?

When I used my Newts a few years ago, I found emailing via MailV the
easiest way to transfer notes but since GMX joined every other
provider in adopting SSL encryption, MailV will no longer work.

Its a pity no-one invented a way for Macs to read the Newton formatted
flash cards. I'd be happy enough using 'sneaker-net' (I use this with
my Psions).

Stay safe
Nic