[NTLK] Gratitude for WONC 2020

Pawel Piotrowski newton at indigi.co.uk
Tue May 5 13:08:21 EDT 2020

> On 5 May 2020, at 17:30, Mark Kuberski <berskyboy at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi fellow Newtonians, or MessagePad-ians

Hi Mark,

> I have always wanted to go to a WWNC anywhere, but travel can be complicated.  I hope to be able to in the future!  BUT… with COVID-19 we got the next best (or maybe even better) thing a Worldwide ONLINE conference.  I enjoyed it so much!  Thanks to Noah and Pawel for organizing it, emcee and all the cool videos, links and WONC video footage (to come, no pressure Pawel!).  It was so cool to see Woz there.  I’ve never met him, and I think we could all say, we sort of met him this weekend, such a GEM of Apple and the “nerd” community.  He’s really one of us!

I have the same impression! As a practically the only active Newton user from Poland, I have always felt a bit 'behind'. I didn't know (and I still don't know) too many people who signed up in Newton's history. However, I consider this meeting as a personal milestone. It is a real pleasure to meet other Newton people in person (if we can call a video conference a personal meeting).

I consider the idea and organization of this conference to be one of the best ideas that came to my head :)

I’m working on the video footage, but please be patient. Ironically, I was overwhelmed with work this week.

> To all the participants, awesome presentation, amazing, smashed out of the park!  I’ve already started using many of the tips, tricks and wonders that we have all uncovered.  Such a great idea, and wonderful to meet and see all of you Newt enthusiasts and Newt legends.  What a great group of folks!

Newton Users group is the best :D

> I would gladly attend a bi-weekly, or monthly Newton Users group!  We could all hang out and “nerd” out again!

Ant that is my another idea! Noah can confirm :)

I have idea to use that crazy COVID-19 time to organise more meetings, but maybe a little shorter. Two days conference was so great, but is time demanding. Not everybody can spend whole weekend on this.

So, my idea is to meet in next 2 weeks (during the weekend) for 2-3 hours maybe. Without any program, but to just chat etc. Like local users group meetings in past.

I will send email about this later today.

Cheers,
Pawel