[NTLK] 99 days using nothing invented after 1999

NewtonTalk newtontalk at pda-soft.de
Sun Mar 29 18:44:09 EDT 2020

> I had the idea of spending 99 days using nothing invented after 1999,
> to make a film about how technology has changed us since 1999. The
> Newton would be involved, of course.
>
> Would anyone be interested in such a film?

Yes. Very much so. Especially given the fact that times have changed so much
that most of what we expected or took for granted back then is no longer
available today. When was the last time you have seen a phone book in a
public phone booth? Or a public phone booth to begin with? When was the last
time you saw a shop that would sell you a plane ticket? When did you last
use a street map in paper form, or GPS with an accuracy of a measly 100m
because Selective Availability was still activated?

That'd be a really interesting experiment. My daughter's generation wouldn't
even survive one hour without smartphone access...

Frank