[NTLK] Newton song

B kosmicdollop at saber.net
Tue Jun 30 15:12:37 EDT 2020

Frank wrote:

> Excellent! More!
>
>> ?I love you Newton, oh yes I do?? ? to the tune of ?We Love You Conrad?
>
> Well, that's exactly the problem. Everything that's "to the tune of"
> something is, in all likeliness, infringing copyrights left and right.

Hmmm..

Much as I’d like to think Newton is prominent in current culture...

Frank, do you really think amateurs fiddling with a tune on this email list would grab an attorney blood hound’s attention?

My sense is Newton is pretty much off humanity’s radar.

Long as there’s no promoting and no selling, I suspect we don’t need to worry about legal sharks.

Maybe even if somebody put it on YouTube or some such, if there were no mention of the source title, I suspect it wouldn’t need a shark cage, would stay under their radar.