[NTLK] SCRIBBLE brings the Heart of the Newton to the iPad

Dan dan at dbdigitalweb.com
Fri Jun 26 14:08:33 EDT 2020

Well the addon package Moreinfo really expands the internal dates app by a large margin.  There isn't a link that I know of to show more info specifically.  Another close option is the Dateman addon (which also uses the internal dates app/data soup).

As for why it is, hard to explain other than just use it, but I will give it a shot.  One of the things I always loved is the simplicity of moving items around, or extending the time of a item/meeting by dragging the line down instead of having to open it directly.

The different views of the information is one of the largest benefits (at least in my opinion) another one along with its sorting ability with different folders for different items.

Sure you can do some of this with modern apps but the different data views is where they are really lacking.  Also the configuration of the different alarms.  Moreinfo lets you have the option to have the newton SPEAK the alarm so you don't even have to pick up the device to see what is is.  Other addon alarms packages expanded the alarm options alot.  They can be downright pesty, which in my case is what I often need. :)  Alarm Pack is the the one I use and think it is the best.  But that of course is subjective.

The main drawback of the Newton these days is syncing or moving the data to another app or device.  There are ways, but it isn't easy.  But in actual use for dates, I haven't found anything close.  Still on the look out.

-Dan