[NTLK] [ANN] mbedTLS 2.16.6 for NewtonOS

Sylvain Pilet sylvain at pilet.net
Mon Jun 15 18:25:02 EDT 2020

Paul,

The eMate must take too long to respond to the (993) imap server, that must be it. It must take too long to run mbedTLS. I've tried a good twenty times, with three different network cards just in case. The problem is permanent whatever the card. The eMate has almost nothing in Ram other than NIE and mbedTLS, so it's not busy with anything else. In detail, the eMate connects to the Internet with its usual protocol once connected it passes the hand to MailV which uses mbedTLS (because it uses port 993) but after about 40 seconds after the Internet connection is established the error 29312 (-0x7280 so) appears. In comparison, the Newton 2100 pass this step (without problems) in less than 20 seconds.
There must be a common response time for all imap servers ?

Sylvain Pilet

http://message-pad.net
http://messagepad.no-ip.org:3680 [NPDS Tracker]