[NTLK] NewtonTalk Digest, Vol 78, Issue 1

Pawel Piotrowski newton at indigi.co.uk
Mon Jun 1 13:22:37 EDT 2020

Hi Jim,

> On 1 Jun 2020, at 17:31, Jim C. <guardsix6 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Ok, thanks guys. I got all the documentation and am reading furiously!
>
> I figured out how to change the background so now I’m nearly an amateur (not a newbie) at using the Messagepad.
>
> I got two pkgs from one of you. Now I have to figure out what to do with them.

Install them :)

> I’m also going to try checkout the fonts to see if that will make a difference.  Lots of experimenting to do.
>
> Another question. Didn’t I see something about a pkg that would allow the Messagepad to be set to the current year (2020).  Or am I just expecting too much?

Go to https://40hz.org/Pages/newton/patches/patch711000/ <https://40hz.org/Pages/newton/patches/patch711000/> website and install that 711000 patch. That is the patch for system to solve date problem.

That should be always the first thing you install on Newton.

13th June we organise Newton Meet Up #2. Feel free to join. More details soon on NewtonTalk.

Best regards,
Pawel Piotrowski

Worldwide Apple Newton Users Map: http://user-map.applenewton.co.uk <http://user-map.applenewton.co.uk/>

NPDS Server: http://newton1.applenewton.co.uk:8079 (powered by Newton 2100)