[NTLK] [ANN] Newton C++ toolchain utilities (ELFtoNTK & ELFtoPKG)

Eckhart Köppen eck at 40hz.org
Fri Jul 10 15:46:11 EDT 2020

> On 10. Jul 2020, at 13:51, Paul Guyot <pguyot at kallisys.net> wrote:
>
> You need to install ELFtoNTK, ELFtoPKG and Rex tools from DCL:
> https://github.com/pguyot/DCL
> https://github.com/ekoeppen/cDCL

Note that I ran into one strange issue with an invalid memory access after realloc (this was on Ubuntu 20.04 - tested with valgrind), this should really be working code, but for some reason, I needed to add this fix to avoid a crash:

https://github.com/ekoeppen/cDCL/commit/4a18d7b6172b25942d84b2375d222cf3d9058489 <https://github.com/ekoeppen/cDCL/commit/4a18d7b6172b25942d84b2375d222cf3d9058489>

Another thing people might run into is that mosrun also contains Rex, which however does not handle the Unix formatted Einstein.rex.src file. So for people who have a very recent mosun with Rex installed, at leas that Rex needs to be moved out of the way.

Otherwise I’m very happy with the new toolchain :)

Eckhart