[NTLK] Format flashcard

Dan dan at dbdigitalweb.com
Sun Apr 12 14:54:46 EDT 2020

On 4/12/2020 7:14 PM, Newtonhonk wrote:
> Hi,
> currently I am setting up an emate as my newtontalk reading machine. Everything works fine.
> But I have some flash cards, that I cannot use, because the emate will only open them as read only, because they were setup in another language.
> Any ideas?
>
> Happy easter and keep safe!
>
> Cheers Christoph
Actually it is not because they were set up in another language but because of the voltages used in the card.  Some cards cannot be written to on a emate due to these differences, while they can work in say a MP2x00.  The emate does not have as many voltages it can write to compared to the MP2x00.

In short if it says it is in read only mode, unless there is a write protect switch is flipped on, there is nothing you can do to get it to write/save on a emate.

-Dan