[NTLK] Frank's still here, although but barely

Morgan Aldridge morgant at makkintosshu.com
Sun May 19 09:47:29 EDT 2019

On Sat, May 18, 2019 at 19:13 NewtonTalk <newtontalk at pda-soft.de> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> thanks for inquiring about me. That's what friends do, and it felt really
> nice.

One of the things I love about this list is the genuine friendship among
members, aided not only by the concern for fellow members, but also the
comfort to post candid explanations. Frank, I hope writing about your
current situation has lifted a little of the burden as well, but—most of
all—thanks for taking the time to fill us in and let us know that you're
still out there doing good.

[SNIP]

My To Do list is getting longer by the minute. All this is exhausting both
> physically and psychically. My own health leaves one or two things to be
> desired at the moment, regularly requiring a lot of my time to keep me
> operational. Most times when I turn my computer on, I only take care of one
> or two of the ten million queued-up issues that absolutely MUST be taken
> care of. After that, I hardly ever find enough energy to address anything
> that has the word Newton in it. There are days when I leave my car and go
> straight to bed.

That is all too understandable. I'm happy I'm not the first to say, try to
take some time to take care of yourself. I love Laurence's comment about
the oxygen mask, I've never really thought of that.

I sincerely apologize for leaving people who wanted to purchase Newton
> hardware or required other forms of Newton support out in the rain. I
> promise y'all that you're not forgotten. One of these days I will
> definitely
> get in touch again. But this might still take a bit...

I can't thank you enough for all you've done for the Newton community so
far, so—as much as I miss reading about your explorations & discoveries,
not to mention hearing about parts & Newtons going out around the
world—take your time. We'll still be hear when things have settled down for
you a bit.

Morgan
--
Morgan