[NTLK] Local Newton User Groups and Local Meetings around the World - WWNA & WWNC

Jeff Sheldon jeffsheldon at gmail.com
Mon May 13 09:58:55 EDT 2019

On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 3:57 AM Forrest <newton_phoenix at mindspring.com> wrote:
> Jeff’s ideas are intriguing, but after I read his post I heaved a sigh.

I have that effect on people. :-)

> I’m all for meeting up as he has suggested...but checking Pawel’s map right now, the nearest Newton users to me are in Los Angeles, San Diego and Las Vegas.

This is similar to my situation and likely post people here, so that's
the pink elephant I didn't address.  While I'm not comfortable in
video conferences, I think about groups like UBports (the former
Ubuntu Touch devs/community) and Automotive Grade Linux folks.  The
have weekly group check-ins and, at least with the former, preserve
their sessions on YouTube as a sort of informal podcast for those who
might not initially jump in and/or just want to see what's new with
folks in a more organic way. If nothing else, it provides an option
for community off list, though those can sometimes create the
impression of exclusivity if not framed well to the public.  Maybe
this is something some folks here might enjoy.

> It’s not even the cost of the travel as much as it is the lack of free time.

Then there's this.

-Jeff