[NTLK] Newton-Internal-WiFi (request to buy)

"Piotrowski Paweł (Newton)" newton at indigi.co.uk
Thu May 2 15:09:15 EDT 2019

> On 2 May 2019, at 16:54, Martin Ossio via NewtonTalk <newtontalk at newtontalk.net> wrote:
>
> Hi!
>
> Does anybody sells a Newton with Internal WiFi already in it?
> I would love to buy one, if the option exists!
>
> In previous posts I have read it is a good idea to ask, as to not to buy from the wrong source, as it has happened before.
>
> NewtonSales is not answering emails and that’s how I found that it's better to ask.
> I have read that they sold things designed by others.
>
> So I want to do the correct thing.
>
> But don’t know where to buy and would like not make a mistake.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Martin
>
> PS: Sorry if it shows I have been too many years apart from the Newton I loved, and way too much enthusiastic about the prospect of using it again (in all its new forms)!

Hi Martin,

I’m not sure if you asking for internal WiFi module or normal PCMCIA WiFi card.

If you asking for PCMCIA card, you can find information in article I wrote in past: http://applenewton.co.uk/2018/04/22/wifi-connection-setup-for-newton-2x00-and-emate-300/

At the end of the article you can find some useful information about my experience. Long story short: manual IP, no encryption.
If you looking for WiFi card working with Newton, you can also find list of cards in this article and then buy that card on eBay.

Best regards,
Pawel Piotrowski

Worldwide Apple Newton Users Map: http://user-map.applenewton.co.uk <http://user-map.applenewton.co.uk/>

NPDS Server: http://newton1.applenewton.co.uk:8079 (powered by Newton 2100)