[NTLK] UNNA status update 2019-03-10

Morgan Aldridge morgant at makkintosshu.com
Sun Mar 10 15:35:24 EDT 2019

Hey all,

TL;DR: Progress is being made, slowly.

As previously mentioned, I'm currently working on migrating the UNNA
archives & website data from one massive Subversion repository into
multiple smaller Git repositories. It took several attempts for me to find
reliable tools and nail down the process, but I have done so and am making
progress (albeit more slowly than I anticipated.)

I have successfully extracted the "archives" (including both the 'unna' &
'incoming' directories, plus tags) into a new Git repository.
Unfortunately, it contains some files that are too large to store on GitHub
in a regular repository. I'll take a look at Git LFS for our needs (there
aren't that many files that are over 100MB), but am already looking into
alternate repo hosting options for cost reductions anyway.

The process of splitting one site out of the monolithic Subversion
repository is slow, but I'm pushing forward when time permits.

Let me know if you have any questions and thanks again for all the offers
for assistance!

Morgan
--
Morgan