[NTLK] NewtonTalk Digest, Vol 66, Issue 6

Mark Crutch mark.crutch at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 14:03:36 EDT 2019

> I thought the beaming feature was only useful in transferring between
> Newtons; that one of the (few) problems within the Newt?s design was that
> the format was not compatible with anything else.

I've used it in the past in three different ways:

1) Newt to newt
2) To print to an IrDA equipped HP LaserJet.
3) To transfer data to and from a Palm device via ObEX (needed extra
software on the Newt, but I can't recall what exactly)

The latter was a useful way to export some data via the Palm Desktop
application, given how poor the export capabilities were in NCU. Printing
wirelessly via IR back in the 90s seemed like magic at the time.

Mark

--
*The Greys*, *Elvie* and *Monsters, Inked* webcomics

Website      http://www.peppertop.com/
Facebook   http://facebook.com/PeppertopComics
Twitter        https://twitter.com/PeppertopComics