[NTLK] NewtonTalk Digest, Vol 62, Issue 19

Helmut Fischer h_fischer at gmx.de
Tue Feb 26 09:52:43 EST 2019

Hi,

the Newton definitely uses more than 3 wires for serial communication with a Pc, Mac, printer or LocalTalk network. With serial keyboards I don’t know, maybe in that case 3 cables are enough. My advice would be to find the right complete MiniDIN8 - DB9 cable wiring diagram and try again.

I used to have such wiring diagrams at hand 20 years ago, when I soldered them myself. Currently there might be people here in the list who have to dig less deep than myself. If not, ask again, and I’ll start digging :-)

Success, Helmut