[NTLK] Trouble with the ftdi chipset cable

"Piotrowski Paweł (Newton)" newton at indigi.co.uk
Tue Apr 30 16:18:29 EDT 2019

> On 29 Apr 2019, at 19:05, Rufus Kohn <rufuskohn at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi newtontalk,
>
> I want to conect nu Newtons to OS X 10.14
> using NCX 3.0 . NCX sees the cable in the settings. When attaching the
> cable to the eMate300 I open Dock and connect via serial. After a while
> Ithe eMate timeouts with the message " The connection attempt was
> unsuccesful. Please check cable.
>
> The cable Is new via Amazon and around 17€.
>
> Does anyone see if I am making an error?
> Should I order a new cable?
>
> Thanks in advance for any tips

Hi Rufus,

I think the cable is the problem (internal connections - wrong pins).

What I can say is that I bought that cable: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00QUZY4L0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And I’m using this cable with normal RS232 to 8-pin cable. And NCX working fine on my computers with High Sierra (I’m not using Mojave), but I think on Mojave will be also fine.

I highly recommend exactly that cable from UGREEN. This is good and not expensive cable.

Best regards,
Pawel Piotrowski

Worldwide Apple Newton Users Map: http://user-map.applenewton.co.uk <http://user-map.applenewton.co.uk/>

NPDS Server: http://newton1.applenewton.co.uk:8079 (powered by Newton 2100)