[NTLK] Rechargeable batteries in mp2100

Dennis Swaney romad at nvwisp.com
Fri Apr 26 13:39:35 EDT 2019

Gene, as I understand Sylvain's post the applicable paragraph is this one:

"But there are alternatives and variants:
> - Those who have rebuilt the original Newton batteries pack with
rechargeable AA 1.2v batteries, with *correctly reassembling the
temperature control element inside* the original Newton battery pack. These
can recharge the battery directly through the Newton.
> - Those who have modified the AA 1.5v (and therefore AA 1.2v
rechargeable) battery tray, *by adding the same component as the one
mentioned above*. So when having modified this case, to make the Newton
believe that it is an original Newton battery. In this case the batteries
will be recharged by the Newton."

I've highlighted what I consider the critical info for in-Newton charging.
So you need to *CORRECTLY* install the *temperature control element* used
by Apple in the Newton rechargeable battery pack in to the AA battery tray
which will trick the Newton into recognizing it as a Newton Battery Pack
and thus recharging the AA rechargeable batteries.

Sylvain, please correct me if I misunderstood your meaning.

Sincerely,
Dennis B. Swaney

"Cogito Ergo Mac"