[NTLK] [ADMIN] Recent issues with NTLK bounce notifications

Grant Hutchinson grant at splorp.com
Sat Apr 13 17:06:16 EDT 2019

Hello everyone.

This past week, a few of you let me know that you had received bounce notifications regarding your NewtonTalk list subscriptions. After a bit of investigation, this apparently has something to do with a revised DMARC (Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting & Conformance) authentication protocol on email accounts hosted by Yahoo, AOL, Apple, and a handful of other service providers.

I have made a change to one of the DMARC settings for the mailing list to if it clears things up.

Why this DMARC issue crops up all of sudden after years of "things just working" is beyond me.

Thanks for your patience.

g.

Grant Hutchinson
NewtonTalk List Dad & Web Custodian