[NTLK] Einstein Android Build

Aaron Brigati abrigati at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 17:06:44 EDT 2019

On Apr 1, 2019, at 16:22, Matthias Melcher <m.melcher at robowerk.de> wrote:
> VERY nice. Now if it had a pen... ;-D
>
> That really is a great eMate target device. I will put keyboard support on my list. It seems we did not put that in back then.

Yeah, the lack of a stylus in general on Android devices is a bummer for Einstein.

I actually have an 8" tablet with a Wacom pen, but that runs Windows and I've had no luck getting Einstein going on Win10. And running an Android emulator to run Einstein inside of just seems to be going a bit too far. :D

One caveat about Einstein on the Gemini: Einstein doesn't really like the landscape-format screen. It doesn't crash, but the resolution is seriously wonky. Manually forcing the screen to portrait (with the Gemini's 'Force Rotate' menu) and then setting the Newton OS to rotate works fine, but it means using the overlay to flip it when multitasking with another app.