[NTLK] NewtonTalk Digest, Vol 57, Issue 7

Robert Serna japecan at att.net
Fri Sep 7 08:52:43 EDT 2018

> On Sep 7, 2018, at 4:07 AM, newtontalk-request at newtontalk.net wrote:
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 3
> Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2018 11:22:14 -0700
> From: sirizaac <sirizaac at gmail.com <mailto:sirizaac at gmail.com>>
> To: newtontalk at newtontalk.net <mailto:newtontalk at newtontalk.net>
> Subject: Re: [NTLK] OEM Newton Getting Started PCMCIA card
>
> Hola Roberto,
>
>> Message: 5
> Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2018 18:16:29 -0600
> From: Robert Serna <japecan at att.net <mailto:japecan at att.net>>
> To: newtontalk at newtontalk.net <mailto:newtontalk at newtontalk.net>
> Subject: Re: [NTLK] OEM Newton Getting Started PCMCIA card
>
> Hello,
>
> I tried looking in the archives for this card and just didn?t get the right answers.  I put this card in H1000 and it comes back ?the card you inserted cannot be read.
> Do you want to completely erase this card?.?  The pcmcia slot works because I also have an OEM  2MB card that works in the slot.  So I put the card into the MP2100
> and it said ?this unformatted card is write protected.  to format the card remove it, unlock it, then reinsert the card?.  Anybody got it to work on their OS1 Newton?
>
>> Robert

> I've just used it in my H1000 plugged in via the Newton 9W  AC adapter. Took the Newton Tour for a few minutes successfully.
>

> Mailed from my tree house
>
> sir iZaac

      sir iZaac,

  Well, long time no Newtoning :)  I sure do miss all those SNUG meeting we used to go to in SNJS.  I’m in New Mexico now.  Anyway thank you for
your response to verify that  the “Getting Started” card does work.  Did you have a write switch like some has stated?  Say hi to all the Newtonian's at
the Cafe for me.

  Robert