[NTLK] A Newton story

sir iZaac sirizaac at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 17:36:34 EST 2018

> ------------------------------

Message: 9
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2018 09:43:20 -0500
From: Noah Leon <moosefuel at gmail.com>
To: lwb at mac.com
Cc: newtontalk at newtontalk.net
Subject: Re: [NTLK] A Newton story

> I have a similar story, but mine was when I was in high school. I asked if
I could use the printer to print an assignment that I had written. The
teachers were impressed. Unfortunately when I used their printer somehow it
messed up their Appletalk network and they could never get the printer to
work again! Or that's what I assumed, maybe they tried turning it off and
on again. This was with my original MessagePad, which makes it all the more
> impressive.

By chance, had you used NewtKey ?

On Wed, Nov 21, 2018 at 3:25 AM L.W. Brown <lwb at mac.com> wrote:

> THUMBS UP!!!

Indeed. 😝

On Nov 20, 2018, at 11:35 PM, sir iZaac <sirizaac at gmail.com> wrote:

My manager needed a printed copy of the hours I had worked over the past
several weeks. Anticipating this request, I'd created a Works spreadsheet
approximately 3 weeks prior. I asked where the plug is located and the
printer's network name. Launched Works, printed it on the Apple
LaserWriter, and handed to him within a few seconds. He was completely
surprised and asked how I did it. I showed him my spreadsheet on the MP2K.
He then asked if I could remove the labels and print it again. Within a few
seconds I presented it without labels. Impressed, he wandered back to his
office. I was paid in full the following week. (-:

Newton Never Dies; It just gets it's batteries recharged.

Mailed from my treehouse

sir iZaac

http://newtontalk.net/
http://twitter.com/newtontalk