[NTLK] [kinda OT] Re: A Newton story

B Dudney kosmicdollop at saber.net
Wed Nov 21 02:42:11 EST 2018

Great story! Thanks for sharing! You are the master!

— I’m curious why he wanted it printed without labels.

Not any of my business, of course…

I’ll certainly understand if you agree!

sir iZaac <sirizaac at gmail.com> wrote:
> My manager needed a printed copy of the hours I had worked over the past several weeks. Anticipating this request, I'd created a Works spreadsheet approximately 3 weeks prior. I asked where the plug is located and the printer's network name. Launched Works, printed it on the Apple LaserWriter, and handed to him within a few seconds. He was completely surprised and asked how I did it. I showed him my spreadsheet on the MP2K. He then asked if I could remove the labels and print it again. Within a few seconds I presented it without labels. Impressed, he wandered back to his office. I was paid in full the following week. (-:
>
> Newton Never Dies; It just gets it's batteries recharged.
>
> Mailed from my treehouse
>
> sir iZaac

via cable from low-power MacBook lacking wireless devices,
hence radiating no deadly EMR connectivity: see RadiateNot.Me;
plus powered by non-radiating coaxial DC cable from utility shed
where wall wart* EMR is indetectably far away
                           *standard Apple shielded power supply = less emissions