[NTLK] Einstein binary pre-release with BasiliskII/serial port support

Matthias Melcher m.melcher at robowerk.de
Sat May 12 02:58:12 EDT 2018

Hi friends,

Compiling Einstein can be a hassle. This is why I added another pre-release to github which contains the newest ready-to-run Einstein App:

https://github.com/pguyot/Einstein/releases/tag/2018.5.extr

Just download the package, start it, and it will install Einstein.app in the /Applications folder.

This version includes a new choice in the Preferences for selecting a serial port emulation. Einstein needs to restart for new settings to take effect.

Probably the most exciting one is "BasiliskII" serial port emulation. Download BasiliskII in a somewhat recent version for MacOS. Install a Quadra or whatever ROM and the system disk image and the developer disk image from Unna. Set the BasiliskII Modem port to "/tmp/pty.BasiliskII". Launch Basilisk and Einstein. Both emulators should connect, just as if you had a Classic Mac and a MessagePad connected via a serial port cable.

I have tested NTK and NCU, and they work just fine.

Now there is no longer an excuse for not writing new apps in NTK.

 - Matthias