[NTLK] Ethernet cables

Dennis Swaney romad at mac.com
Thu May 3 14:00:55 EDT 2018

Due to the highly knowledgeable people on this list, I figured I'd get an
answer here fastest. As I'm packing up for a move, I was bagging & labeling
the various cables I had stuck in the back of some drawers. I came across
an Ethernet CAT-5 Crossover cable and was wondering if x-over cables are
still used nowadays. IIRC, I had used this cable to connect two Macs
together before the advent of WiFi. I also remember that the later Macs (G4
and on?) no longer required the use of a x-over cable between two Macs but
was wondering if you could still use one between newer Macs that have
Ethernet ports?

Sincerely,
Dennis B. Swaney

"I think, therefore I Mac"