[NTLK] direct install of the 2010 fix patch 711000

"Piotrowski Paweł (Newton)" newton at indigi.co.uk
Wed May 2 16:44:55 EDT 2018

> On 2 May 2018, at 10:17, Jon Glass <jonglass at usa.net> wrote:
>
> This may sound dumb, but I can't find a way to directly download the patch
> to my Newton. All I found was the .sit or .zip file on 40hertz. I can't
> find it at all on unna.org
>
> I'm running on a Surface Pro and a Hackintosh, both running rather recent
> systems (Hack running Sierra, not HS), and I really don't know of any way
> to connect them to my Newton these days.
>
> But I just discovered that I don't have any patches on my personal Newton
> (I have the Ekhart's 031 patch on my older, now daughter's 2100, but it's a
> mess physically, and I don't want to use that Newton)
>
> So, is there a way to download it with NetHopper and install it directly?
> Also, wasn't there a site that one could use to install other packages
> directly? I can't find anything these days, and DuckDuckGo isn't helping
> me...
>
> TIA
> --
> --
> Jon Glass
> jonglass at usa.net
> jonglass at mac.com
>
> http://newtontalk.net/
> http://twitter.com/newtontalk

Hi Jon,

you can buy this canle on Amazon: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00QUZY4L0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 <https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00QUZY4L0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1>

Must be exactly the same cable with FTDI chipset. Works perfectly.

And then you can use NCX (https://newtonresearch.org/connection/ <https://newtonresearch.org/connection/>) - great software working under Sierra and HighSierra.

Of course you need standard RS cable to connect Newton with RS232.

711000 patch is available on 40hz website only.

If you will have any problems ask me here.

Cheers,

Best regards,
Pawel Piotrowski

Worldwide Apple Newton Users Map: http://user-map.applenewton.co.uk <http://user-map.applenewton.co.uk/>