[NTLK] Need help with finding chips for eMate memory upgrade boards

NewtonTalk newtontalk at pda-soft.de
Tue May 1 19:07:53 EDT 2018

Hi folks,

I finally found the time to open David's parcel that has been sitting next
to my workbench since January 10. More on this later.

Here's a scan of the EM300 board:

<http://www.pda-soft.de/common/img/hardware/eMate/em300/EM300Board.jpg>

28F016SV  is a 16-MBIT (1 MBIT x 16, 2 MBIT x 8) flash memory chip.
51W16165LTT6 is probably a RAM chip.

It would be cool if someone could locate

a) the datasheets of these two chips

b) a source that still sells them (very unlikely you'll find one, I'm
afraid)

c) A chip that has more memory, but basically the same electrical
specification and the same timing specification. Such a component is likely
to have at least two more address line pins, which would not be a problem.
Would be cool, however, if the pins they have in common are at the same
place so that we wouldn't have to re-layout everything.

Thanks

Frank