[NTLK] MP 2100 & 2000 dead - trying to fire up

Forrest newton_phoenix at mindspring.com
Sat Mar 10 14:29:55 EST 2018

Have you tried depriving it of all power?

Yes, I know that’s pretty much the condition both have been in. But one of the strange qualities of the Newton/eMate is its power management. Oftentimes when attempting a restart after a period of inactivity the device refuses to start up. I’m not sure how long you’ve had the power supply connected (batteries only? AC adapter?), but remove ALL POWER and leave it undisturbed for a while, then reconnect power again. How long “a while” is depends on the machine, but anywhere from 15 minutes to overnight, although it’s usually pretty quick. Usually it will start right up with no interaction from you, although sometimes you’ll need to try the reset button or actually turning it on.

I know this seems to defy logic, but it does work.

Mahalo,
Forrest

Sent from my T-Mobile iPhone 6S Plus