[NTLK] Love Notes to Newton

Florian Voigt florian.voigt at me.com
Tue Jul 24 13:48:04 EDT 2018

Hi all,

I just finished the film and I must say it really was worth the wait. Everyone involved did a really great job. It was a fun tour through the life and afterlife of my little green friend. Also, it was great to finally put some faces to some of the names I’ve seen on this list. Interestingly, most of you looked different than I pictured you in my mind. Except for Steve Weyer and Sylvain Pilet. Those two were pretty much how I pictured them - that‘s strange because, I‘m sure I‘ve never seen a picture of them both.

The movie gave me a great „outside perspective“ to the Newton world back then. I was sixteen, living in Germany when all this happened so I didn‘t really got to know that much about it. Of course, the „Mac Magazin“ wrote about Newton stuff too, occasionally. But still, it’s different probably than being older and living in the us back then. Still, I loved (and still love) my Newton. I got a used Message Pad 120 back then. I instantly used it to replace all my school folders and took all my notes with it. I held presentations using it. And played Newthack while doing so because my teacher would ramble on endlessly about some historic detail. It really was living the future. I totally agree that there hasn‘t been a device like the Newton until today. Even more so with the 2100 (wich I only ever used way later like 2013 or so).

I‘m gonna watch it again right now.

Great job, Noah!

All the best,

Florian