[NTLK] Looking for people participating in making a Newton song for Noah's film

Sonny Hung sonnyhung at gmail.com
Sat Feb 17 08:23:06 EST 2018

Oh, I’m not saying it’s not possible.
Since I’m not as familiarity the original ‘American Pie’ song its not comfortable for me to adjust the timing as you sing it to that tune. On songs I’m more familiar I could slow down or speed up here or there to make it fit better though not perfect. The problem for me is keeping the song some what close to the original rhythm of the song. That being said I’ve been listening to the original in short phrases and then trying to sing it which is okay where the words fit better. The difficulty arises when the words require one to improvise timing (slow down or speed up) they you sing the words to fit. It’s possible I think. I’ll keep at it though with more people singing together the difficulty of timing or is it called tempo poses some challenges. I’ll retreat to my second floor rear room while everyone is still asleep and play softly and sing quietly to see if I can make some headway on this. YouTube has been a tremendous friend in learning this original song to try and figure this out. If there are anyone else out there doing thing maybe you can list the problem areas and what you think are ways to sing it.

Sonny
Sent from my iPad