[NTLK] Keyspan serial adaptor usa-28x driver with Mac OS Sierra Success!

Robert Serna japecan at att.net
Fri Aug 31 13:00:49 EDT 2018

  I have been trying to get the correct driver for my Keyspan USA-28x and they haven’t worked and almost bought another cable from Amazon but hesitated when I saw Chris Wright last post and  I started searching again using “usb to serial driver usa28x mac osx sierra <https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=usb+to+serial+driver+usa28x+mac+osx+sierra&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8>” in google and found this “http://www.prolific.com.tw/US/ShowProduct.aspx?p_id=229&pcid=41 <http://www.prolific.com.tw/US/ShowProduct.aspx?p_id=229&pcid=41>”.  Downloaded the zip file and crossed my fingers and low and I was able to sync and back up my MP2100 with a 32MB card:)  All the functions worked like taking a screen shot from the Newton, using the keyboard on my Macbook Air and seeing it being typed on my MP2100 and backing up and loading pkgs.  Your mileage may vary because still whenever you connected the usb port from the Keyspan 28x the Macbook Air wants a reboot.  Leave everything connected while rebooting, open NCX302 and in preferences select “USA28XFD11P.2” for the serial port and “115,200” for serial speed and set a “password” for security.  Then go to the Newton select Dock and use 115200.  Then hopefully you’ll the that magical dialogue that says “password” insert password (that you set in NCX302) and you should be connected :)  Hope this helps a little and thanks to Chris Wright and Pawel for the insight to the steps!

  Robert