[NTLK] Just got a eMate 300 . . . need drivers

"Piotrowski Paweł (Newton)" newton at indigi.co.uk
Thu Aug 23 11:37:14 EDT 2018

Hi Tom,

> First, I want to connect it to my MacBookPro 15” TouchBar running macOS 10.13.6 using a Keyspan dual-port serial-to-USB adapter, but can’t get the Keyspan Serial Assistant driver (ver. 2.6) to work . . . it says that “No Keyspan Serial Extension found, please re-install” which I have done several times to no avail . . . any suggestions?

Forget about Keyspan adapters. There is much better solution:

1. http://amzn.eu/d/coGJ3Mr <http://amzn.eu/d/coGJ3Mr> - just find the same cable (be careful - must be exactly the same cable - with FTDI Chipset)
2. https://newtonresearch.org/connection/ <https://newtonresearch.org/connection/> - NCX 3.0

This is the best way to connect Newtons with modern MacOS.

> I also have other accessories that need drivers:
>
> • Lucent Technologies WaveLAN Bronze Turbo PCMCIA card
> • SmartMedia 4-in-1 SD reader PCMCIA card
> • Newton Fax Modem
> • SiPix Pocket Printer A6
> • GeoPort Telecom Adaptor
>
> I am seeking someone who can assist me in getting everything to work.

Here you have my tutorial for WiFi cards: http://applenewton.co.uk/2018/04/22/wifi-connection-setup-for-newton-2x00-and-emate-300/ <http://applenewton.co.uk/2018/04/22/wifi-connection-setup-for-newton-2x00-and-emate-300/>

For SD card adapter you need ATA Support driver (Don’t use any ATA memory cards without this driver - you can destroy your eMate/Newton!!!)

Forget about modems :) You have WiFi card :)

> In 1997 I had a Newton MessagePad 2100 at work, but state government probably sent it to surplus property after I left.
>
> Thanks to anyone in advance who can help,
>
> Tom Piper

Best regards,
Pawel Piotrowski

Worldwide Apple Newton Users Map: http://user-map.applenewton.co.uk <http://user-map.applenewton.co.uk/>