[NTLK] Restarting Newton development

Sylvain Pilet sylvain at pilet.net
Thu Aug 2 13:09:18 EDT 2018

Many of us think the same thing! We (most of us) have known the beginning of computing. At that time those who conceived computers were often passionate, but very soon the lure of gain prevailed.

It was only when a group of enthusiasts, working on a project, without having too much shareholder pressure, they were able to design beautiful products (hardware and / or software). This was the case (in part) for the Newton team.

The idea of ​​designing a whole new system, in order to satisfy users first and foremost, is a wonderful project. It will take a lot of work, not just code!
The philosophy, design, ergonomics, usability, evolution ... of such an OS must all be in agreement with this idea. This is what is happening today among the giants of computing. But their goal is different. So it also means that the methods we teach everyone are unfortunately oriented for the current business.
We should be able to have genius ideas on every aspect of the project, for that to make sense. In a way, it's a quest for the holy grail of computing! :-)

Sylvain Pilet
http://message-pad.net

Envoyé de mon iPhone