[NTLK] Newton 2100 startup sound

Victor Rehorst victor at chuma.org
Mon Apr 23 11:31:12 EDT 2018

There is some information here:

https://www.emaculation.com/doku.php/basilisk_ii

Also, it seems that on *nix platforms, if the serial port name begins
with a pipe '|' character, BasiliskII will allocate a pseudo-terminal
and open the "serial port" as a sub-process, communicating over
stdin/stdout.  There's mention of it here:

https://sourceforge.net/p/basilisk/mailman/message/2164793/

And I found evidence of its existence in the Unix serial port code in
Github.  That's kind of cool (for me).  I don't think it is present in
the OS X serial support though.