[NTLK] Power Adapter Developer's Guide

Matthias Melcher m.melcher at robowerk.de
Sun Apr 15 13:21:07 EDT 2018

> On Apr 14, 2018, at 23:55, Jake Bordens <jake at allaboutjake.com> wrote:
> (...)It goes from "Waiting" to "Charging" in the UI  and even "Adapter" if you eject the battery and drop it onto the floor, breaking your battery into pieces.

Ouch. Sorry about that!

> Side note, there are other errors in the PADG, including the pinout of the internal serial slot.  Pin 16 is not a ground, is another unfused battery pin. (oops)

That is one of the many problems concerning this unreleased, someone copied it sometime, and not even finished or verified group of documents :-(

> So it does work.  I'm not sure what happens when the battery gets to full charge, but I'd hope that it gracefully stops charging the battery.

Cool. I am quite unsure if there is any provision to protect the batteries. I read the documentation and understood that the pin directly connects to the power system, no fuses or anything. So the question is, is there charging electronics between the 7V line and the battery, or instead between the power pin and the battery. Not sure how, but it should be possible to measure if there is a mosfet or any such thing between the battery and the internal connector.