[NTLK] Spammer says what? - was: yahoo! really nice stuff

Grant Hutchinson grant at splorp.com
Mon Oct 2 14:59:21 EDT 2017

On 2017-10-02, at 11:37 AM, Gene Beaird wrote:

> So they can still get through?

Igor is not a spammer, but his account has likely been compromised or spoofed.

Messages to the mailing list do not get filtered through any spam-blocking software prior to posting, so the occasional inappropriate message will get through if it comes from a valid, subscribed address.

As mentioned in my previous post, I have placed Igor's address in moderation mode for now. This will prevent additional messages from getting posted the list. I have also contacted him directly regarding this issue. If I keep seeing spam coming from his address, I will block it permanently.

g.

Grant Hutchinson
NewtonTalk List Dad & Web Custodian