[NTLK] Siemens NotePhone

Sonny Hung sonnyhung at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 15:26:08 EST 2017

On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 12:01 PM, Vladislav Korotnev <vladkorotnev at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Are you sure that the hook switch (the little button under the handset) is
> working properly at all?
> As time goes by there might be some dust and gunk built up on the contacts
> so they might not be closing or opening the circuit the way they should.
> If so, that might be quite a quick fix to do by disassembling it and
> cleaning it with some contact cleaner or isopropyl alcohol.
>
> Hi Vladislav,
>

> I wish. :/
What I can say is that this issue is known to Frank G.
We discussed this previously and it's not switch that's depressed when the
handset is put down.
It seems to be an electronics issue and I've not been able to get anyone to
review the MLB for the base unit of the NotePhone as one would have to
spelunker through without a schematic which would prove to be quite tedious
an adventure.
My unit is quite clean with no dust or buildup that I'm aware of or can
visually see.
The only clue that I can give is that mine work for a bit and then stopped.
I'm not sure why, but it seems that after sitting around awhile after being
hooked up it seems to detect that the handset has been picked up for some
odd reason. I think Frank G. mentioned he's known about this problem for
awhile.

God bless,

Sonny Hung
the Hung Family