[NTLK] Adding USB ports via PC Card adapter

Gary Moody gmoody at gmx.net
Sun Mar 19 20:04:17 EDT 2017

LOL!

< In my best Beavis voice>. "Heh! Heh!  He said "poopload"!  Heh! Heh! "

I've always love the truly technical discussions on NewtonTalk!

Regards,

Gary

On Mar 19, 2017, at 4:26 PM, Andrei Chichak <newton at chichak.ca> wrote:

The issue isn’t as much the 16 versus 32-bit nature of the cards, but USB needs a poopload of software on the host side to do anything.

With embedded systems, you see USB connectors, but they have software to do 1 or 2 things, read a memory stick or print to a printer.

Anything beyond that takes a lot of development work.

Andrei