[NTLK] Connect Newton 2100 with NCX via TCP/IP with WiFi only ;)

"Piotrowski Paweł (Newton)" newton at indigi.co.uk
Sat Mar 18 06:41:37 EDT 2017

Hi Newtons!

I’m not sure if it is not obvious, but I just discover that I can connect my Newton 2100 with NCX (on iMac with Mac OS Sierra) via TCP/IP! ;) I don’t need any cables!!! No RS422, any USB to RS, or other cables needed ;)

On Newton I have WiFi card and I choose TCP/IP in Dock. On iMac O just star NCX. That is all ;)

I’m not sure how it works, because in NCX there is no option to choose that kind of connection. Any hint about it?

Of course there is no rose without a thorn. Sometimes Newton loses connection, and after this MUST be rebooted to see computer again.

Best regards,
Pawel Piotrowski

NPDS Server: http://newton1.applenewton.co.uk:8079 (powered by Newton 2100)
NPDS Tracker Server: http://tracker.applenewton.co.uk:3680 <http://tracker.applenewton.co.uk:3680/> (powered by Raspberry Pi)