[NTLK] Newton Ux

Forrest newton_phoenix at mindspring.com
Tue Mar 14 11:29:15 EDT 2017

Well, this brings up a thought-provoking question: is there a point in the future when we will choose to abandon the original Newton OS in favor of a (greatly) improved version?

In other words, will we soon choose to run only Einstein (or some derivative) instead of the original Newton OS because it offers more features, speed, etc.?

In a way, this is already happening. While years ago, some on NTLK lamented longer messages and content unfriendly to downloading email on the Newton itself (such as HTML links); the argument was that one of the joys of using the Newton was receiving email from NTLK. Such content/length made that less and less viable.

I still enjoy reading email on my MP, but it is becoming more and more of a challenge. I'm not suggesting that we do away with links or other things that impede that process; just that we have moved away from using the Newton for such things.

Might we (eventually) also move away from the original platform in other ways as well?

Thanks,
Forrest

Sent from my T-Mobile iPhone 6 Plus