[NTLK] [FS] Newton 2000U and Accessories
gizmo1482 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 3 10:26:19 EDT 2017
It has come time to part ways with my Newton. I’ve owned it since 2005, but over the past 2 years it has been sitting on the shelf unplugged. I’ve moved on to other devices like Android tables and Surface computers and I feel the Newton needs a new home. Below is what I have. I’d prefer to sell the whole lot together rather than part it out. Asking for $100. Message me off list if you are interested. North America shipping only (I’m sorry to our international community).
1x Newton 2000 (upgraded to 2100)
* Includes original screen door, 1x PC card slot blank and stylus
* NuShield screen protector installed
* PCBMan’s SER-001 internal serial port
* Screen works perfectly and has no scratches or jaggies. Backlight is a little weak, but still works for a 20+ year old device
* The case is not perfect. There is clear wearing around all the edges from carrying in my backpack during college. The back case is cracked from the installation of the serial board.
* Will wipe and preload any software you would like
* I have a paid license for Steve Weyer’s Newtscape web browser that will be provided
1x 8MB PCMCIA linear flash card that came with the Newton when I purchased it.
* I also have 2 more PCMCIA storage cards sitting on my desk at work that came out of network routers. Age and reliability of these cards are unknown
1x Original Newton 9W wall charger
1x Newton keyboard
1x Newton serial cable (interconnect-to-DB9 serial)
1x AA battery tray modified by fellow NewtonTalk community member Sonny Hung to charge regular NiMH batteries (v2.0) <https://www.flickr.com/photos/sonnyhung/sets/72057594079049821>
1x Keyspan USA-28 USB to Apple serial adapter.
* Works on OS9 & OS X. OS 9 Drivers are available at Unna.org <http://www.unna.org/view.php?/macos/KeyspanDrivers>
* Will include a serial cable.
More information about the NewtonTalk