[NTLK] Newton USB Dongle

Morgan Aldridge morgant at makkintosshu.com
Thu Jan 19 14:57:53 EST 2017

Was this one of Adriano's adapters?

If you can determine which chipset it uses, you should be able to find OS X
drivers for it. I've not used serial adapters beyond the Keyspan ones, so I
don't remember the process of determining the chipset, but I'd start by
opening System Profiler and looking at what type of device it is shown as
in the USB list.

That said, if the drivers aren't signed (Keyspan's are, so they work), El
Capitan & Sierra won't load them unless you disable SIP (System Integrity
Protection). Disabling SIP is a big security risk, though it's not too
difficult, it just requires booting from the Recovery Partition and running
a command (El Capitan is actually easier & less insecure as you can just
disable the signed kext, read "drivers", requirement without disabling all
of SIP, but Sierra is more strict and so requires fully disabling it).

Morgan