[NTLK] Armstice board (was: Unused Messagepad)

Steve White stepwhite at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 21:26:31 EST 2017

> I believe the folklore is that the ARMistice boards were produced until the BunWarmer came along.   But even if that were reversed, I think the argument still works.  It would just be in that case they joined the BunWarmer and UNA boards together onto one single NuBus board and called it ARMistice.  Hard for me to say as the only dates on both devices I’ve seen are 1993.

I will add to this argument in that the ARMistice board shows the same “Universal Newton” splash screen logo that the UNA board does. And the NuBus ROMs of the two looked virtually identical – IIRC the only difference was the registered owner name.   I’d have no trouble believing ARMistice is actually the result of joining the BunWarmer and UNA together.

And with Grant’s follow up email that timeline would certainly seem to be the case.

Either way, that follow up does seem to help confirm Bun Warmers were devices that required being tether to a Mac to be functional. I stand by my argument that the Japanese prototype is something else – perhaps an early EVT/DVT, as it’s not unusual for them to be in acrylic housing, and am not eating crow (just yet)...

-Steve