[NTLK] Connecting to Windows 10

Jon Glass jonglass at usa.net
Tue Feb 28 08:03:24 EST 2017

Hey guys. I can't believe I'm even asking this, but I just put batteries
into my daughter's 2000, and discovered all sorts of notes she took--poems
and short stories she wrote as a child. Seeing them reminded me that she
sort of wanted those. Back in the day, we only had Macs, and only Intel
Macs, so I just gave it up for loss...

But now I have a Surface Pro 4.

I also realize that I still have network--Ethernet, to be precise, as well
as a SER-001 in my Newton, to which I can copy the notes if necessary.
Hence my question.

What's the easiest way to get notes off of an old Newton 2K series these
days?

Limitations:I don't think any of my email addresses allow for non-secure
connections. Plus, they may all be POP. I do have Gmail, though, if that
matters.

What is the wisdom in 2017? BTW, if I can get reliable connections, I may
start using my Newton again. I'm looking at things I used to do with it,
and wondering (almost) why I quit using it. (actually, connecting to the
rest of the world was the problem back then, as it is now)
Jon Glass
jonglass at usa.net
jonglass at mac.com