[NTLK] Newton ROM card circuit board files reverse engineered

NewtonTalk newtontalk at pda-soft.de
Thu Feb 23 10:51:56 EST 2017

> Not much happened in hardware in a while? Well, here is the complete ROM
circuit board reverse engineered
> and put into an Eagle PCB and (still to be cleaned up) schematics file.
Some additional findings in the text.

Wow...

It is thanks to people like you that we no longer need to live in caves,
waiting for the next mammoth to pass by that could serve as dinner.

I am much impressed, and I bow deeply. It would be so cool if we could
create such a board that lets us tinker with the ROM using a Mac or a PC,
and then trying it out in the Newton. Or, especially, in an eMate. Ever
since I have seen this beast for the first time, I had supplying it with a
German Newton OS on my to do list.

If you ever have these boards manufactured, mark me down for half of the
cost.

Frank