[NTLK] List Stats - January 2017

Gene Beaird bgbeaird at sbcglobal.net
Sat Feb 4 11:40:45 EST 2017

Agreed!  Not 100% useless after two years, but slowly getting there (death of 1000 cuts?).  I'm still using our original iPad.  I can still read the books and pdfs I have pulled down to it, and it mostly works for web browsing.  Nice bedtime story reader.  I can't watch any videos on it, however, because of the stupid youtube app that was installed BY APPLE during an OS upgrade that won't run the new format, and can't be disabled or removed.  EVERY youtube link I select on a web forum immediately switches to that app, which, of course, won't work.

Luckily, I don't watch many videos, but it is very frustrating when I do.  I still miss using my Newton, but I'm not as mobile as I used to be, so taking notes on the move isn't as important as it used to be.

Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas