[NTLK] OT: Cell phones was: Hello to all:...Can someone please refresh my memo...

Dennis Swaney romad at mac.com
Sat Dec 30 14:35:28 EST 2017

Interesting. I checked out the Tracfone and it came up short in the reviews
plus the phone they had closest to the Jitterbug seems to be an Android
phone. The Jitterbug Flip is NOT a smartphone, though it is more
complicated than the Jitterbug Dial we already have. Fortunately we can
decline some of the extra "fluff" to keep the price down. Anyway an Android
or iOS phone was not desired and I could not find a more simpler phone than
the Jitterbug: If you already have it turned on, when you open it you get a
standard dial tone and can either just dial the number or use the phonebook
to call up and dial the number. Adding entries to the phonebook can be done
three-ways: manually, via your Jitterbug account (if you are computer
savvy), or dial the Jitterbug operator and ask to have the number added to
your phonebook.

But for others, the Tracfone sounds like a reasonable way to go. As always,
YMMV!

Sincerely,
Dennis B. Swaney

"I think, therefore I Mac"