[NTLK] Followup on international eMate shipment

Dan dan at dbdigitalweb.com
Thu Apr 27 20:44:30 EDT 2017

You do understand it correctly.  The clerk was overzealous in his denial
of the package.  Li-ion batteries are another story but NiMh aren't a
problem, nor are NiCad or alkaline batteries.  I suspect is a new guy,
or someone that, as you said, assume that every laptop now has Li-ion.

I agree it is strange that they don't want to ship Li-ion yet allow them
on flights in all devices.  And if they had a one of the samsung phones
that burst into flames when charging (which many people plug in on the
flight)?  :0  Yet they don't want to ship them in a uncharged state.
Yep I smell government bureaucracy here.

I would be logging a complaint with the post office.

-Dan