[NTLK] Love Letter to Newton Movie

Noah Leon moosefuel at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 13:53:08 EDT 2017

Thanks for all the great feedback.

Grant, you’re right, that name change would make more sense. I’ll check if I can change my website, etc., but I think it’s completely do-able. Henceforth let it be known as Love Notes to Newton

I really love the gallery of Newts around the world, I had totally forgotten about Newted! Pretty amazing to see it all there on archive.org. I wonder if it would be OK for me to use those photos in a montage in the film? I agree with you that the schedule is tight, especially since I have a full few months of other work, but I think it’s do-able, and I would rather get it done fast than it become too nebulous if I don’t set myself a deadline.

I would also be interested in any footage from the 90’s or early 2000s that anyone might have related to the Newt. I realize it’s a long shot, but I know I have some short clips. Ok, one clip.

I think I’ll put together some questions for the user submissions part as Pawel suggested.

Forrest, I can definitely show my 2000 with the OMP, maybe I should put them all together. The only one I don’t have is a 110, 120 or 130. My MP2000 is pretty battered and battle-scarred, since it is the one I used the most.

I think that Andrei was calling attention to the fact that the “100” in the crowdfunding video is actually a cameo appearance by his own Newton Notepad.

I also received some feedback from a filmmaker friend that I should make the crowdfunding video a little more clear that this is a film I am aiming to produce (apparently that information is overwhelmed by my talk about the Newt), so I am going to go for version 2.0 (and then maybe 2.1) before I launch, but it should be next week. Until then, any more feedback on the video is welcome as I would rather have critique now than after. http://lovelettertonewton.moosefuel.media/video

noah