[NTLK] Einstein with Android Studio

Matthias Melcher mm at matthiasm.com
Wed Sep 14 17:02:54 EDT 2016

> On Sep 13, 2016, at 11:07 PM, NewtonTalk <newtontalk at pda-soft.de> wrote:
>
>> Glad to know it basically works. I will try to set something up,
>> but I am in less of a rush since Samsung has recommended that I stop
>> using my Note 7... .
>
> Well, recommendations are... recommendations. I'm still using my good old
> Galaxy Note 1 daily. That's 1, as in "six models earlier". The Chinese
> model, by the way. You might remember it :-)

Indeed I do. Glad that it gets so much use. The Note 2 was dropped, the Note 3 was destroyed by my daughter, the Note 4 died in the Pacific, and the Note 5 was never released in Europe. The Note 6 doesn't exist, and the Note 7 catches fire. So I guess you have the perfect phone ;-)

> OK, 4.1.2 Jelly-Bean isn't all that current, and not being able to use
> Google's app store due to its being a Chinese model makes things kind of
> clumsy on occasion, but for what I'm doing with this beast it's both safe
> and sufficient. And it is definitely enough to develop and test Einstein :-)

No way to put a custom OS on it?